[wplug] Nautilus won't die?

Evan DiBiase esd at cmu.edu
Sat Nov 1 21:58:42 EST 2003

On Oct 30, 2003, at 10:22 PM, Ryan W. Frenz wrote:

> I can't get this to stop!  Have any Gnome users out there seen this
> and/or know what's going on?

You want to find your GNOME Session information (last I checked, it was
in one of the control panel/preferences areas, but it may have moved).
Nautilus likely has an entry there that's set to "relaunch", since, as
Benjamin pointed out, the user experience of the whole desktop
disappearing if Nautilus died unexpectedly would be quite
disconcerting.

Delete the entry (if you don't want it at all) or simply change the
setting from "relaunch" and you shouldn't have any more trouble with
zombie filemanagers.

Evan