[wplug] Re: [PLUG] KDE 3.2 Beta

Alex Goddard agoddard at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 11 14:59:10 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Christopher Galik wrote:

> Anyone compiled this puppy yet?  I have built it on two different
> machines (both SuSE 8.2 machines) and they both compile without any
> errors, but when I load it up, seemingly random characters on the screen
> are highlighted with varying colors.  Any idea what might have caused
> this?  Or has anyone else seen this so that I at least know I'm not
> insane?

I've played with it (via Konstruct, not the ebuilds currently in Gentoo).
Didn't give me any trouble aside from Flash not working in Konqueror
(which is a known thing, and seems to have been the case for a while), and
a problem with the menus in the control and info centers (which can be
worked around with a symlinking and kbuildsyscocoa).

Other than that it was the best KDE I've used.  Not sure if it'll end up
being enough to pull me from the Gnome side of the force.

--
Alex Goddard
agoddard at purdue.edu