[wplug] Crontab command parameters

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu May 29 13:45:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Henry Umansky wrote:

> Be careful with the -b option, top will continuously send out email.  Do
> something like "top -b -n 3" so it will only send 3 outputs. Obviously
> change the -n option to whatever number you like.

Not to nitpick, I was curious myself, so I tried it.

If you run just "top -b" it won't send any email.
crond won't send the mail until the program exits (or possibly when it
closes stdout and stderr)
It doesn't matter much in this case because of the -n option, but it might
be helpful to know for other things in the future.

The More You Know..
http://www.nbc.com/footer/tmyk/pgv_tmyk_overview.shtml

-james