[wplug] General Gentoo questions (and a bit of emerge wackiness)

Bob Schmertz rschmertz at speakeasy.net
Thu May 29 01:00:42 EDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Vanco, Donald wrote:

>2) System maintenance
>	Can someone explain the logging structure?  I'm used to a
>"var/log/messages" file - and /var/log seems to have a slew of subdirs of
>dubious function...

Might be a function of what logger you're using.  What logger are you
using?  I'm using metalog, as they sort of recommend, and I have the
same deal with the subdirectories and the dubiousness and the PAIN! --
oops, slipped into Professor Frink mode for a minute there -- so if
that's what you're using, that might be what's to blame.

--
Cheers,
Bob Schmertz