[wplug] Secure knoppix

Arnaud Arnaud at mindspring.com
Wed May 28 13:58:04 EDT 2003

Just an FYI to the list. A couple of people have posted as to the merits
of Knoppix, and I have previously asked the question about saving
changes from knoppix to a flash drive. When I asked the question, no one
pointed me to this program, so I thought I'd share. There's a version
called Knoppix-Mib which does just that. Some of it's advantages over
regular knoppix include the ability to save a home dir to external
media, as well as encrypting it's swap space and running the postfix
mail server. The person who made the changes is French, so that's the
default language for the program (can be changed to english) and most
google searches return French webpages. Here's a link containing an
english version of the manual.
http://openpgp.vie-privee.org/Knoppix-Mib.html

Hope someone finds this as useful as I did.

Arnaud-