[wplug] Crontab command parameters

William Powell billpwl1 at attbi.com
Wed May 28 09:24:27 EDT 2003

I am trying to pass parameters to a command in my crontab file, but they
seem to be ignored or  misunderstood.

I am trying to learn why this machine is locking up.  I wanted to mail
myself a single iteration of the output from the "top" command.

Here is a copy of my crontab file:

MAILTO=bill
0-59/15 0-23/1 * * * top n1

Here is a copy of the mail I receive based on the above crontab file: