[wplug] System locking up

William Powell billpwl1 at attbi.com
Wed May 28 08:44:39 EDT 2003

I have a system running (Mandrake Linux 8.2 2.96-0.76mdk) (Linux version
2.4.18-6mdksmp)  that locks up on a semi regular basis.

It typically happens while I am away from the machine.  When I come back
to after a number of hours I find the system will not respond to
keyboard or mouse movements. The system is typically on 24/7 but will go
several days before the problem occurs.

I suspect APM or Xscreensaver problems, but haven't figured out where to
start looking.

The machine is a dual 1.0 ghz P3 system.  So APM should be disabled when
running the SMP kernel.

Any suggestions?

Bill

--