[wplug] Re: M$ strikes again

Robert Supansic rsupansic at libcom.com
Sat May 24 12:02:55 EDT 2003

>From: "R.E.Coutch" <vze57qmg at verizon.net>
>Subject: [wplug] M$ strikes again.
>
>Bil Gates is trying to get a foothold for "trusted computing" (or whatever they're calling it
these days) again.

>Check this out: http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-1008862.html

This appears to another case of the old legislative ploy of a law that will do exactly the
opposite of what is claimed for it.  As I undertand it, the "ADV" tag will create a class of email
that is to be more or less exempted from ordinary filtering by ISPs etc.  What makes them
think I will be any happier getting spam from GE than from some hot babes porno site?