[wplug] vsftpd redhat 9 (rh9)

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Thu May 22 09:10:57 EDT 2003

I work for the University's CSSD department, they will not "freak" out if
you have a server running.  However they will cut you off if your server is
taking up 17%, or so, of their bandwidth (true story, someone was running
all kinds of file sharing services like Kazaa, Gnutella, etc).  You are
allowed to have a server running.  Occasionally they will monitor yours and
other ports, regardless of whether its a server or not, to see if internet
traffic has increased and your computer possibly compromised.

-Henry

--On Thursday, May 22, 2003 8:56 AM -0400 John Harrold <jmh17+ at pitt.edu>
wrote:r