[wplug] Refreshing?

billings at negate.org billings at negate.org
Tue May 20 14:47:07 EDT 2003

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not reinstalling glade?  You can
see what packages require libglade by typing:

rpm -q --whatrequires libglade

You should be able to get the glade package and friends from your CD, or
running up2date.  I believe that up2date might need glade (or something
that depends on glade) so you might need to run it with the --nox
option.

I'm curious as to how your uninstalled Glade.  I can't imagine RPM would
let you remove it unless you forced it.

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 14:08, Weber, Larry A wrote:
> I had to uninstall Glade from my RedHat 8.0 system.  After the files were
> removed I found that Gnome would not start up properly.  The error message
> indicated that the desktop had hung up because it could not find the Glade
> library files used to display time.  I know that during the removal of Glade
> that files were removed from several directories.  I was able to find and
> reinstall enough of the files to allow the desktop to start, but much of the
> menu bar was lost.
>
> Is there a way to reinstall without repartitioning and loosing my user
> directories and installed applications?   I tried "Upgrading" but that did
> not reinstall the missing files.   I don't care about loosing user
> preference settings (screensavers, colors, theme, fonts, etc).  I just don't
> want to have to reinstall all the apps.
>
> -laweber

Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP