[wplug] training

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue May 20 10:26:46 EDT 2003

> Thought experiment - what about generating online training materials
> instead of a physical, in person class?

I'd imagine there's tons of stuff like that out there (like the LDP),
although a categorization of what's out there could be useful for folks.
"ya mean to use this linux thing I have to figure out what to read?"

The thing that got all this started was a company that was
'switching', and wanted to have someone do training.  face-to-face
training can have benefits over sitting in front of a computer and
reading websites (particularly an expert being able to customize the
level and content of the class on-the-fly to accomidate the level and
expectations of the class).

A Possible Future would be having some wplug-branded materials and a
couple of LUG members that can do the training.  Someone can then
contract with wplug, pay us mon-ay, a chunk goes to the LUG, and
a chunk goes to the trainer.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "One out of three people is mentally ill. Ask two friends how
   they're doing. If they say they're OK, then you're it."