[wplug] and this is why Microsoft disgusts me

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 15:38:35 EDT 2003

This probably has nothing to do w/ Linux at all.

MS used to sell it's own Unix version, Xenix. It's
possible that some of that code worked its way into
Windows and their licensing of the code/patents is
probably more to do w/ protecting their ass if SCO
decides to desperately fling some lawsuit their way
than anything else.

Remember, they're just licensing the stuff from SCO,
not buying the rights: MS can't enforce the rights,
they're just protected from being sued for infringing
them.

Of course, I'm sure they'll use lots of slippery
language in public statements and press releases
designed to scare clueless IT managers into thinking
this somehow lends SCO's claims against Linux weight.
But it doesn't.

Dave