[wplug] cron

Chris vze2f6h6 at verizon.net
Thu May 15 09:34:22 EDT 2003

I am having problem with some cron jobs and I really don't know how to debug
it.

Here is what's going on.  In my cron.daily dir, I have a script called
myscripts.  That script just calls 6 other scripts that I wrote.  Up until
about a week or so ago, everything was working just fine.  Now only the
first 3 scripts are executed.  Here is myscripts:

#!/bin/sh

#Echo to log file for script check
/bin/echo "-------------------------------------------" >> tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo `date` >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "-------------------------------------------" >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "My Daily Cron Tab Script Started `date`" >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "" >> /tmp/myscript.log

#Execute custom scripts
/bin/bash /root/scripts/backup.sh
/bin/bash /root/scripts/backupweb.sh

#Started sleep at this time
/bin/echo "Script went to sleep at `date`" >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "" >> /tmp/myscript.log

/bin/sleep 1h

#Execute custom scripts
/bin/bash /root/scripts/Rydexftp.sh
/bin/bash /root/scripts/Putnam.sh
/bin/bash /root/scripts/DAZLftp.sh
/bin/bash /root/scripts/DSTftp.sh

#State that it finished
/bin/echo "My Daily Cron Tab Script Ended `date`" >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "" >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "" >> /tmp/myscript.log
/bin/echo "" >> /tmp/myscript.log

It dies between the Rydexftp.sh script and the Putnam.sh script.  I looked
in /var/log/cron but there was nothing about any of the scripts in there.
Does cron produce any other logs?

Thanks,

Chris Romano