[wplug] Network delays

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Wed May 14 11:13:37 EDT 2003

I have a PC running Redhat 8.0 connected to an office network.
Occassionally I have to disconnect and using a crossover cable use the eth0
port to Telnet to an embedded Linux system.  When I have the office network
cable disconnected and try to open a terminal window (Gnome) there is a long
time delay before the terminal window opens.  Minutes.  Since this does not
occur when I am connected to the network I assume that the network
connection is being checked.  Is there anyway to avoid this delay without
disabling the office network settings?

-laweber