[wplug] quick samba setup

Paul G Cantalupo lupey+ at pitt.edu
Wed May 14 10:11:30 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am completely new to samba. Unfortunately, I don't have a few days to
read all the documentation (eventually I'll read it) and I need to setup a
samba server today. Basically, I want the server as secure as possible. I
only want my laptop to be able to connect to the server. Also, I want
(that is the user of the laptop) to have access to the entire hard disk on
the server (i.e. all the partitions). Can somebody give me some "setting
up samba for dummys" help?

FYI - I am using Samba 2.2.8a and Slackware. The start up script,rc.samba,
starts smbd and nmbd with -D option.

Thank you in advance,

Paul