[wplug] color ls output

Brian O'Connor b.oconnor22 at verizon.net
Mon May 12 22:52:06 EDT 2003

I am currently running 2 linux boxes and am having issues with color 'ls' output on both of them

On my Suse linux 7.1 machine, when I remotely ssh into the machine and log on as a regular user, the ls output is in color.
However when I su to become root, the ls output is no longer in color automatically. I can manually get color output by doing 'ls --color', but I have to type that every time. anybody know of a way to change this?

My second box is running Debian GNU/Linux 3.0. on this machine the ls output is never in color by default. I can only get color ls output by specifying it with 'ls --color' .

I would like to have all ls output all color, all the time
any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

Brian O'Connor
b.oconnor22 at verizon.net