[wplug] mailman/python error under redhat 9

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Fri May 9 10:35:38 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:16:11AM -0400, John Harrold wrote:
> Sometime in May Tim Lesher assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>
> | No, python is finding getgrnam() just fine.  The problem is that
> | getgrname() is not finding its argument, which is the MAILMAN_GROUP
> | member of the mm_cfg dictionary (a KeyError means that a dictionary
> | lookup by key failed).
> |
> | Sounds like your friend didn't edit the mm_cfg.py file to set the
> | MAILMAN_GROUP and MAILMAN_USER variables.
>
> bare with my python ignorance here. in the file mm_cfg.py there are the
> following lines:
>
> MAILMAN_UID = pwd.getpwnam('mailman')[2]
> MAILMAN_GID = grp.getgrnam('mailman')[2]
>
> if this behaves like i would expect, i would assume that it determines the
> gid and uid on it's own?

Yes... I sent my reply before I received your second message where you
mentioned that the 'mailman' group was already set up in /etc/groups.
The editing I was referring to was changing 'mailman' to whatever
group and user name you're using to run mailman.

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws