[wplug] DSL Routing Issue

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu May 8 13:17:56 EDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> The line I added into /etc/inittab was:
>
> # Trap CTRL-ALT-F to shutdown firewall rules and disable Internet interface
> ca::ctrlaltf:/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/firewallstop.scp

Was this documented somewhere or did you look at the ctrlaltdel example
and modify it? I think the difference is crtl-alt-del is a hardware
interrupt and ctrl-alt-f is not, so the kernel doesn't intercept it, and
init never sees it. (Years ago I thought I could do something like this
and make a hot key that started Doom for me)

You might want to look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysrq.txt, but that
probably isn't a drop-in solution for what you want.

Another idea would be to write a daemon that checks the state of the
connections, and if it finds something wrong (for some definition of
wrong) it configures the system into a failsafe mode.

-james