[wplug] Limewire

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu May 8 13:10:05 EDT 2003

On 8 May 2003, John M. Rocker wrote:

> OK No java in
> (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin)
> How do I find java and tell mandrake where it is??

It is probably /usr/java/jresomething/bin/ assuming you used the rpm from
Sun.
to add that to your path,
export PATH=/usr/java/something/bin:$PATH

To add it forever, you want to put something like that in your ~/.bashrc
file.

If it's not there, but you did install it from an rpm, you can try:
rpm -ql j2re  (I'm not exactly sure what the package name was)

If you didn't use an rpm, you could try locate:
locate java
which will show you everything in the slocate database from the lasttime
it was updated. (see man slocate)

If you don't have locate installed/running, you could try the brute force
method:

find / -type f -name "java"
(Use this with some caution because if you have directories mounted from
other machines, for example, /mnt/machinewithlotsofdisk/ it will walk down
that directory tree and cause excessive network traffic, and diskload,
etc.

-james

(Obligatory orthogonal suggestion: Try
http://gtk-gnutella.sourceforge.net/ instead.)