[wplug] smp

John Strange john at strangeness.org
Thu May 8 10:02:00 EDT 2003

Chris,

You can roll your own kernel if you wish, it's not *extremely* difficult
if you know a little bit about PC hardware and can identify what you
want to do or not do.

lspci -v will give you a list of your PCI devices, or cat /proc/pci

Download the current stable kernel:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/patch-2.4.20.bz2

HOWTO:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO

You can compile and work on your kernel, it might take you a few tries
the first time, but you can't really mess anything up, just make sure to
keep your existing *WORKING* kernel statement in grub/lilo until you
know for sure that your kernel you compiled works.

- John