[wplug] smp

Chris vze2f6h6 at verizon.net
Thu May 8 08:55:00 EDT 2003

Here is the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 7
model name	: Pentium III (Katmai)
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz	: 497.438
cache size	: 512 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug	: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level	: 2
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips	: 992.87

So I would have to recompile the kernel to get smp support, right?  If I
were to upgrade to say 7.3, 8.0 or 9 will it pick up the smp and give me a
new kernel with that support?

Chris Romano