[wplug] installfest

Amy D crosstuner at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 18:04:31 EDT 2003

Hi.
I'm trying to figure out if I should haul all my crap out to the installfest
this weekend or not. I did get linux (red hat 8) installed (thanks for
everyone's help), but after trying all the commands suggested, never did
find apache. Will I know what to do with it when I find it? no of course
not. But that's another project.
Anyway, I'm wondering if somehow I didn't install it. I thought I went for
every option offered to me when I did the install, but I'm very new to this,
so maybe there was something I should have done that I didn't know about.
I'm also wondering if it didn't really come with the book I bought. (It was
the big red one from sams, red hat linux unleashed via amazon.) There were 2
disks. I thought I remember hearing someone say there would be 6? Could just
be my head slipping a little further down that slope...
If I indeed don't have it, would there likely be someone at the Ifest who
would and who would be willing to share with me? I'm not looking for anyone
to go out of their way. I'm still pondering the notion of carying all this
stuff in...
Thanks for any thoughts,
Amy