[wplug] header files missing?

Bob Schmertz rschmertz at speakeasy.net
Tue May 6 15:17:20 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Scott F. Kiesling wrote:

>Thanks. I looked at /etc/env.d/gcc/config. The one line looked OK to me
>(it referenced gcc 3.2.2). I also had a look at /etc/05gcc. The paths in
>that file all looked OK; the LDPATH line was:
>LDPATH="/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2"
>should it be LDPATH="/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/include" ?
>Where else does gcc lok for these?
>Scott
>
>On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 11:59, Bob Schmertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 May 2003, Scott F. Kiesling wrote:
>>
>> >I'm trying to compile uudeview (very simple!). The ./configure stage
>> >stops because it can't find stdarg.h or varargs.h. I did a find and
>> >stdarg.h at least is in
>> >/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/include/.
>> >
>> >Is there an easy way to fix this problem, by copying or linking the
>> >header files somewhere? If so, where would that be.
>> >
>> >Gentoo, gcc 3.2.2.
>>
>> Have you run gcc-config lately?  You have to edit some file under
>> /etc/env.d -- I think the correct one should be /etc/env.d/gcc/config.
>> All my C++ apps (Mozilla, Python (and everything that depends on Python,
>> like EMERGE!) and groff (and everything that depends on groff, like
>> MAN!)) broke when I emerged gcc 3.2.2.  Running gcc-config (after
>> modifying that file) fixed it.
>>
>> HTH

Shoot, I don't really know past that.  Did you run the gcc-config
anyway, for kicks?  I'm still at work, so I don't really have time to
look into this uudeview (maybe I would have time if I were more
productive, but I'm not one of those people), but maybe I could give it
a shot late tonight.

--
Cheers,
Bob Schmertz