[wplug] gphoto help

Jay wplug at caldron.com
Sun May 4 19:43:04 EDT 2003

I am using Debian 3.0r1 and Gphoto 0.43 and KDE 2.2.2-14.  As root, I
can get gphoto to access my camera.  However, as non-root, I cannot
access my camera.  I receive the following:

Error failed to open /dev/ttys1
Please check the permissions manual.

If I issue the following:

jmkramer at shale:~$  ls -l /dev/ttys1
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     tty        3,  49 Mar 14  2002 /dev/ttys1

jmkramer at shale:~$  groups
jmkramer tty cdrom audio dip

As shown jmkramer is a member of tty

I also tried setuid for both user and group (didn't work) then changed the user name to my local name:
shale:/dev# ls -l ttys1
crwSrwSrw-    1 jmkramer tty        3,  49 Mar 14  2002 ttys1

It still does not work.  What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Jay