[wplug] purchasing distros

Teodorski, Chris cteodorski at ppg.com
Sat May 3 22:11:51 EDT 2003

Well.....I've now spent a full 24 hours with Suse 8.2......I've installed it on my laptop and on a desktop.....and I have to tell you, I'm a little disappointed.....KDE 3.1 is nice......but it just doesn't seem to have the mature feel that RedHat has.......I admit, RedHat was the first distro I used and the one I have used the most....my last two RedHat installs have been flawless.....and I had a pile of problems with the Suse install....for example....the battery monitor just would not stay working.....it would crash everytime.....I had video problems too....I'm no linux expert....and maybe that's why I had more problems.....but that probably makes me a good test case too....