[wplug] mounting SD card in linux

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sat May 3 15:07:34 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 08:30:03PM -0400, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> I know how to mount a compact flash card, but that doesn't seem to work
> for SD.  Anyone know how to do this?  Or know of a HOWTO?

It probably depends on what kind of reader you're using.  I have a
SanDisk Cruzer, which is a USB keychain reader that holds an SD card
(a great deal by the way -- you can find the reader + card for the
same price as just the card).  With the usb-storage and sd_mod modules
loaded in the kernel, it appears as a one-partition SCSI disk, so I
just "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sd".  The SD cards typically come formatted
with VFAT filesystems.  Some or all of this can be automated with
hotplug.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u