[wplug] purchasing distros

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri May 2 13:31:00 EDT 2003

squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org wrote:
> One way I put my money where my mouth is is with a linux open
> source credit card 1% of everything I spend is donated to the
> open source movement and I get a cool penguin on my credit
> card.  it has got a few store keeps to ask questions.  helps spend
> the word.
	I travel quite a bit - and always carry copies.  I've handed out at
least a dozen copies, and on 2 fortunate occasions have been dragged into
Continental's Presidents Club to discuss with BigWigs during a forced
layovers (as NorthWorst attempts to keep a plane bungeed together long
enough to head down the runway).  My laptop touts a couple bumper stickers
("Linux Lives!" and "Open Source is not a Crime") and always gets interested
onlookers.  'Course, I lose a bit of credibility if I'm running Windoze at
the moment ;)
	The Knoppix Live-CD is AWESOME for these purposes.  I even got my
sister to take the Unreal Demo version......  Linux is just plain cool in so
many ways...

Don