[wplug] Neverwinter Nights

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 12:23:59 EDT 2003

--- "Teodorski, Chris" <cteodorski at ppg.com> wrote:
> What do you need to get this up and running on Linux?
>
> Do you have to buy the windows version?
>
> The website is blocked here at work.....otherwise I'd get the info myself....

The version in the stores is windows only.  You need to purchase a copy and
then download the extra linux binaries from Bioware's site.

There are two ways to install (that I know of).  First, you can install on a
Windows partition or extra Windows machine.  Then tranfer the needed datafiles
over to your linux box, run a script provided by bioware, and you're set to go.
 It's very easy and Bioware has all the instructions.

If you don't have a Windows install then there's another way to extract the
files you need, but I haven't done this.  It's a little involved, but
instructions are available on a number of gaming sites.

The Linux version does not include the editors and toolsets, just the game
client, so if you want to build modules, you still need Windows.  Other than
that, it works perfectly.  NWN is a great game.

jaaron