[wplug] RedHat 9: Two days

TC Linux linux at twistedcranium.com
Mon Mar 31 22:51:46 EST 2003

Just thought I'd let everyone in on my RedHat 9 experience so far.  It
has been 2 full days now since I installed it and here's the scoop:

1. the mpeg/mp3 legal issues and RH no longer including the 'stuff' to
play those types of files was overcome by downloading some RPMs found on
the web.

2. gnome seems to have an issue with displaying fonts in yahoo IM  but
it runs just fine in kde (likely not related to RH)

3.  The RedHat update mechanism stalled twice on me, had to reboot, but
ran fine after that second reboot.

Now, I'm not a linux power user so as far as 'advanced' features I can't
pass details along, but in performing the "typical" tasks that I once
did in windows, RH 9 is doing quite well so far.

--

craig lang
linux at twistedcranium.com
http://www.twistedcranium.com
{ICQ 137138155 & Yahoo/AOL IM: twistdcranium}