[wplug] Amanda Backup

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Mar 31 09:13:10 EST 2003

I'm kinda in the middle of setting up an amanda backup service.  I work
on it as time provides.

I have it set up to backup both windoze and linux boxes using SAMBA.  My
installation currently isnt working because I cant get it to recognize
the correct tape.  It seems to connect to the win boxes just fine over
SAMBA.  At first smb had trouble connecting to my windows boxes, until I
made the backup machine a WINS server.

There is also a native w32 client for SAMBA available from SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/amanda-win32/

I havent tried this client yet.

As far as your SAMBA/XP problems go, check the archives, I seem to
recall someone having a similar issue within the past year.