[wplug] wheee. somehow installed...

Amy D crosstuner at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 22:54:29 EST 2003

Thanks John and Don and Alexandro-
I tried the install again and seem to have installed the darn thing. Now
we'll see if I can find my way around! The book says it comes with apache,
which I don't see anywhere, but it's only been 20 minutes or so (I'm
cheating and am writing this from windoze...)
One of my motivations for trying this is that I want to be able to run cgi
scripts. I've been doing some novice web design and wanted to approach the
next level. (without foudering around on somebody else's server!) After
asking around, it sounded like lots of software I'd have to go out of my way
to get my hands on (with that other OS) comes with Linux. Very exciting. Got
a book on perl - maybe will now have a chance to try some of this stuff.
Sadly I'm out of town for the sessions coming up, but am looking forward to
catching later ones, and meeting people in this community I was previously
so unaware of. Talk about missing out!
Thanks again,
Amy