[wplug] geforce4 and redhat

Tom McCullough mccull1 at attbi.com
Fri Mar 28 16:02:05 EST 2003

Vanco, Donald wrote:

>Tom McCullough wrote:
>

>>bgtrio at yahoo.com wrote:
>>

>>>Well, the "no such user - using root" thing is pretty normal, but I
>>>typically only see this message one time if memory serves. I don't
>>>think I can help you without seeing some more of the output from the
>>>rpmbuild command though..
>>>
>>>You are logged in as root, right?

>>the error scrolled off the screen too fast,
>>

>	Under Linux, you can "shift-page_up" to look at what has blown by.
>Moving to another VC will, of course, blow out this buffer.
>
>Don

That's a great little feature I was not aware of.  Thanks.
The errors are the same that I saw with the tarball.  They seem to
center around a function in the nv.c file called
"remap_page_range_R839d959e"  and they cause the nv.o file to not be
generated.
examples:

warning: passing arg1 of remap........59e makes pointer from integer
without a cast
too few arguments to function remap..............59e
Incompatible type for argument 4 of remap.............59e

then the last few are different:

In function 'nv_get_phys_address'
warning: implicit declaration of function 'pte_offset'
invalid type argument of 'unary *'
make: *** [nv.o] Error 1
that seems to be the fatal error info.  I am a little confused about the
compile making nv.o and the last line that says cannot stat nvidia.o?
 Neither file is present, though.
curioser and curioser
I think I have been inside long enough today.  I'll check back later tonight