[wplug] geforce4 and redhat

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 14:28:33 EST 2003

Perhaps the symlink /usr/src/linux is pointing to the old kernel source
directory, so it's trying to use the wrong headers?  That's caught me more
than once.

Incidentally, I use the source rpms and they really do work pretty well,
but be aware that the syntax has changed as of redhat 8.0; you have to run
the command

rpmbuild --rebuild NV...kernel...src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild NV...GLX...src.rpm

then go into the /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 folder and get the newly built
rpms that you now have to install in the usual way.

I'm reallly wishing now that I had gotten a Radeon instead of a Geforce2,
since there appears to be no hope of getting Nvidia to play nice with the
dri driver developers.

Bryon