[wplug] re: Solaris Unix server

Spenglercs at aol.com Spenglercs at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 12:37:18 EST 2003

Have same problem. Mine is with LprNG package.
Things which have helped:
Replacing the HP JetDirect with a Intel NetExpress. According to the author
of LprNG, the JetDirect works beautifully with HP printers but has
*difficulties* with line printers.
Also, I learned to *never* let the printer run out of paper. that will
re-issue the print job.
Also, I cut big print files up into smaller chunks, about one box of paper
each.
What was explained to me from the author: the printer daemon of LprNG checks
the status. if the status is stalled (caused by big print job) then it
assumes there was problem and resends the job. For a fee, the author would
give me code to send the job once and never check the status.