[wplug] install question

Amy D crosstuner at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 04:58:18 EST 2003

Hi all,
I hope you will tollerate another pre-beginner question without suffering
from too much annoyance!
My Red Hat Linux 8 unleashed came in yesterday and I'm like a little kid at
Christmas. I'm reading the "prepare to install" chapter, and I've dredged up
all the old boxes and manuals from the various pieces of hardware that make
up my computer. They surround me here on the floor as I take notes...
I bought a new hard drive (40 GB) last week and transfered my old system
onto it. What I want to do is nuke the old one (13GB - now the D drive) and
install Linux on that. And that's one thing I'm not seeing in the install
chapter (where they discuss the graphical text  interface and the choices it
presents to you) in the sample install (from the book's CDs) - where you
tell it which drive you want to install Linux on. I assume if this never
comes up that it will default to my C drive and I'll lose my existing
system. That would, of course, make the day significantly less like
Christmas... (actually, have you met my family? no wait. that's another
list!)
Thanks for you time,
Amy