[wplug] geforce4 and redhat

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 14:01:10 EST 2003

Hello,

Personally I didslike letting x automatically start
at boot time just in case major X windows woes arrise.

I set my init default level at 3 which is multiuser
network mode with no X windows. 5 I believe is
multiuser network mode with X windows.

You can set your init default in inittab, most
likely in /etc.

# inittab       This file describes how the INIT
process should set up
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
id:3:initdefault:

thanks,
Beth Lynn