[wplug] Uninstall KDE from new Debian Install

Gentgeen Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sat Mar 22 09:16:20 EST 2003

I rencently recieved an old IBM Thinkpad 380D (2GB HD, 32MB RAM, 150 MHz Pentium) and decided to try out Debian with it.  (Till now I have only used RPM based Distros - but I digress) So I ordered the full 7 CD set of Woody and happyily went along with my install.

The install went pretty painless, but I did find one small 'glitch'.  I did not want KDE installed, when I was give the option to remove packages during the install, I thought I uninstalled all the KDE stuff, only later to find that when I type 'startx' the default is KDE, and everything is there.  I really do not like KDE, 'specially on this type of hardware.  So anyway, what is the easiest way to uninstall KDE, Knotes, Kwrite, Kmail, K-EVERYTHING? Is there something like:
    apt-get uninstall kde <Plus a peremeter for all its dependencys>

Or do I have to try and use the tool that was present during the install (sorry, I forget the name, and I do not have the system infront of me)

 Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem
 your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad
 company.        - George Washington, Rules of Civility