[wplug] asus a7n8x mobo NIC modules

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 17:00:18 EST 2003

You had to mess w/ the header file for the 3Com
controller?

That's probably not a good idea. I'm also confused as
to why you were compiling anything if you've to binary
drivers on the CD.

If you built your kernel from source, you should try
just using the stock kernel driver for the controller
type ('lspci' will tell you what the pci devices are
in the machine, the onboard controller should show up
there -- that'll confirm whether 3c90x is the right
module to build; I'm guessing it is or ASUS wouldn't
have supplied it but it never hurts to check). Build
it along w/ the rest of the kernel (as a module or
not, does't matter); that way you'll be assured of
avoiding the symbol table mismatch.

It sounds to me like ASUS provided drivers based on a
different source tree than yours.

Dave