[wplug] asus a7n8x mobo NIC modules

Tom McCullough mccull1 at attbi.com
Fri Mar 21 16:07:06 EST 2003

Has anyone been able to install the 3c90x.o or nvnet.o modules for the
above board?
I managed to compile with no warnings or errors after fiddling with the
'recommended' gcc command and the 3c90x.h header file but depmod returns
"unresolved symbols in module
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/kernel/dirvers/net/3c90x.o" and the module does
not install.  nvnet does the same.  I installed it via the RPM file that
came on the mobo CD.  Also one of them , the nvnet I think, has no GPL
and gives a 'tainted kernel' warning.  I am not happy at having to send
this or retreive my mail or surf via w2k!!