[wplug] Audio CD autorun problem, RH 7.3

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Wed Mar 19 11:42:26 EST 2003

Did you log out and log back in after making changes?

Red Hat does something when you log in that sets devices permissions to
yourusername.group
on certain devices.

If you log in as joe, then ls -l /dev/cdrom shows:
brw-rw----	1 root	disk			8 Aug 30	2001
/dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
and ls -l /dev/hdc shows:
brw-rw----	1 joe		disk		22,	0 Aug 30	2001
/dev/hdc

I don't think /dev/hdc is getting the username from /etc/fstab.

I know it's partly related to /etc/security/console.perms and "something
else".

The fstab entries affect then mount point ( e.g /mnt/cdrom), not the
/dev/hdc.

I just don't know what the "something else" is yet.

Comments?

-Bob