[wplug] Offtopic (sorta): Libcom.com?

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Mar 19 09:19:14 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Lance Tost wrote:
> I called the tech contact for my IP range that I found by querying
> whois.arin.net... It appears that there is some confusion about the
> network that Libcom is giving out to their DSL users.  The tech contact
> said he is not affiliated with Libcom in anyway but he was aware of some
> situation where an ISP (or ISPs) were using part of his company's class B
> network without permission... ugh.  Good thing is, the guy sounded cool
> about the situation and they were trying to resolve it without necessarily
> screwing the ISP's customers (ie., me).

In Libcom's defense, I just spoke with their customer support/tech support
and they were very friendly and helpful... oddly enough, querying
whois.arin.net gives different information than querying the whois server
at http://www.dnsstuff.com... and I think the real problem may actually be
above Libcom between their provider (Coretel) and another one of Coretel's
customers.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>