[wplug] Offtopic (sorta): Libcom.com?

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Mar 19 09:00:14 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Beth Lynn wrote:
> As for DNS problems I had with them, every so
> once and awhile, 25% of my attempts to go to a
> website would fail when I knew that the website
> was not down. I would reload the page and all

Actually, I don't even use their DNS servers.  I host my own forward DNS
on my solaris box and would be willing to do reverse if they could manage
to delegate it to me.... but... there seems to be a bigger problem.

I called the tech contact for my IP range that I found by querying
whois.arin.net... It appears that there is some confusion about the
network that Libcom is giving out to their DSL users.  The tech contact
said he is not affiliated with Libcom in anyway but he was aware of some
situation where an ISP (or ISPs) were using part of his company's class B
network without permission... ugh.  Good thing is, the guy sounded cool
about the situation and they were trying to resolve it without necessarily
screwing the ISP's customers (ie., me).

If anyone else out there is using libcom dsl, is your IP on the 162.33.0.0
network?

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>