[wplug] [wplug-announce] April Tutorial Pre-announcement

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Mar 18 16:37:38 EST 2003

Hi,

There are still some details to be worked out, but we need to start
letting people know about this as soon as possible.

For the April Tutorial, we are bringing in the author of the O'Reilly
book, Perl for Systems Administration, David N. Blank-Edelman. He is a
sysadmin by profession and he also gives tutorials for various Usenix
events. The title of the tutorial is aptly entitled Perl for System
Administration. Even if you don't know perl well, please feel welcome to
attend. I have been to two of his tutorials and he will tweak his examples
to suit the experiences of the group.

The date will be a bit different as well. It will be SUNDAY April 6th,
2003. From about 1pm until 4pm. Please note the difference in day.

The other difference is we are going to ask for $10 per person. Before
getting too outraged, please keep in mind that people normally pay
$575/person for this same tutorial. The money will be used for printing
costs and refeshments during the break.

Since I hope this will be well attended, and we need to keep track of who
has paid, we are going to have to do some kind of signup webpage.
Once that is ready and I make arrangements for collecting money, I will
email the normal mailing list (wplug at wplug.org).
If you are interested please subscribe to that or check the archive page
for updates.

-james

Urls:
Perl for Systems Administration: