[wplug] Offtopic (sorta): Libcom.com?

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 17:24:51 EST 2003

Hello,

I am an ex-Libcom DSL customer due to long periods
of downtime and lack prompt and helpful of
customer service.

As for DNS problems I had with them, every so
once and awhile, 25% of my attempts to go to a
website would fail when I knew that the website
was not down. I would reload the page and all
would be fine. This would happen much to often
to be a problem on the websites' end. I spoke
to other Libcom DSL and dial-in customers and
they had the same problem. I suspect they're
DNS servers flake out from time to time and
don't resolve correctly about 25% of the time.

Also, check to see if you are using the correct
DNS servers. Libcom changed my DNS servers on
me one day without telling me. It took 4 calls
to tech support until they could tell me what
was going on.

As far as Libcom posting a "help wanted", they
seem to have a perpetual ad in the local Pennysaver
as well as their website for a help desk tech.
I suspect all of the "key"  personnel of that
company are related some way shape or form.

Good Luck

Beth Lynn