[wplug] pitt wireless

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Tue Mar 18 16:56:17 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 bgtrio at yahoo.com wrote:

> I have never heard of such a thing.  I'm using redhat 8.0, and doing all
> my configuration through the redhat-config-network interface, so I guess I
> trusted it to do that sort of thing for me, perhaps naively?
>
> What setup are you using?

Ah... ok... I have some custom scripts that take care of doing the right
thing depending on where I am (home wireless or work wireless)... and in
redhat 7.3 and earlier, the gui couldn't configure wifi properly... Check
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth? where ? is 0 or 1 or whatever
your interface is (most likely 0).  There should be a line:
KEY="s:yourkey" where "yourkey" is the string representation of your
key... You may be able to get some info from iwconfig eth0 (as root) as
well.. I'm not sure since I'm currently not runnign wireless so I can't
take a look at the output.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>