[wplug] Audio CD autorun problem, RH 7.3

Frank W. Holden Jr. frankh at zelie.com
Tue Mar 18 03:36:35 EST 2003

Well, I had to do some more checking and found my fix was to give EACH
user a place to mount the different drives. In my case I have
/mnt/floppy , /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/zip100.0 owned by
<username>.users... Each user can have their own mount point. Within
the Gnome  GUI I have made icon links to the mount program and edited
the properties to reflect who, what, when, where for the mount on a
user basis. This will allow users to mount the drive to that
directory. I don't think it will have anything to do with the self
starting audio CD player, BUT if you don't have permissions to use
that program then it will not work. You may want to chmod to 764 or
774 /usr/bin/gtcd...

Was just a thought!
Frank

TC Linux wrote:
> Frank W. Holden Jr. wrote:
>
>> I just double checked to see if I can play commercial music CD's with
>> no changes to the /etc/fstab and I can. My file looks just like your
>> orginal listed here. My main group is wheel and I have edited my
>> sudoers with visudo to reflect that wheel group users can use most any
>> command either directly or with the sudo command. BUT, I am listening
>> to some Blues by Muddy Waters right now without any other changes. I
>> even tryed putting in a data CD and it auto-mounted and executed
>> nautilus flawlessly... The only things different could be sudoers and
>> my workgroup is wheel... Maybe worth a try!

> ok, I've done a bit of reading.....as far as 'wheel', I don't think I
> want to give make users part of wheel just to allow them to listen to
> cd's.....
>
> I've edited the sudoer file through visudo a few times trying different
> cd lines and no luck....is the cdrom line going to be the same in each
> case of RH 7.3?

Frank

"When business interfers with pleasure, give up business!!!"-fwh-

<->     The future of "ALL MANKIND" lies within himself!        <->
<-> Until he figures out who he is, then he can never know me,  <->
<->     and to know me is to know the WORLD... -fwh-            <->
<->                           frankh at zelie.com                  <->
<->                           Some dumb Ham radio operator      <->
Disclaimer:<standard dodo.c>