[wplug] Desperately seeking SuSE - My RH8 dilemma

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Mon Mar 17 13:16:27 EST 2003

First of all I want to thank the WPLUG members from the IRC site for
pointing me to the ALSA rpms at freshrpms.net.
I now have ALSA installed on RH8 and it's working well.

I couldn't find the configuration utility so I copied info from modules.conf
on my SuSE 7.3 installation.

Now for my next (and hopefully last problem).

I have the cryptoloop module on RH8 but no cipher module for twofish.
The only decent info on the net about this is at the kerneli.org site where
they offer some kernel patches.
The information here is vague and I have probelms getting an rpm kernel
update going, let alone trying
to patch and compile the kernel.

I could not find the cipher-twofish.o module floating around on the net.

I have two options:

1 - Someone points me to an idiot's guide to the kernel.

2 - Someone tells me how to take the loop_fish2.c source from my SuSE 7.3
sources and compile it as a kernel module for RH8.

The second choice "sounds" easier but I am more than clueless here.

In the meantime, I've been searching the net and reading a LOT of how-to's.

Thanks for any help,

Bob