[wplug] DMA

Henry Umansky hmust2 at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 11 18:25:11 EST 2003

I believe it supports it, because the following works:

[root at localhost linux-2.4]# hdparm -d1 /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
 setting using_dma to 1 (on)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)

I'm not sure exactly how to check if its being emulated as a SCSI drive.
"dmesg" states the following:

<snip>
hdd: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdd: command error: error=0x50
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 1448
hdd: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdd: command error: error=0x50
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 1452
hdd: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdd: command error: error=0x50
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 1220
</snip>

This goes on for a while, a lot longer than my terminal buffer can
handle, so I assume it does that through every sector on my DVD drive.

-Henry