[wplug] switching from cable to DSL

Tom McCullough mccull1 at attbi.com
Fri Mar 7 17:44:50 EST 2003

I just got a letter that attbi (soon to be ComCast) is going to raise
the internet rate for non-cable TV subscribers from $43/mo to $58/mo.!!!
 I am going to switch to verizon DSL for $35/mo.
1)  Does anyone have experience with this transition?
2)  What kind of download speed can I expect relative to Cable? ( I have
seen as high as 230k/sec or about and hour and 10 minutes for a
reasonably full CD image download from a quiet site ).
3)  How painless is the conversion in RH 8.0 on the Desk Monster and
4)  Debian Woody on a Compaq Presario 1655 Laptop?
Thanx in advance for any and all comments.