[wplug] Newbie Iptables question.

Kubbie squeakers2k at icqmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:00:39 EST 2003

I was able to get the game to become visable to others in the list of other
game servers by typing the following...

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p udp --dport 2302:2304 -j
DNAT --to-destination game_machine_ip

But the ping never showed up next to my game name in the list, nor could
anyone connect.

This is the info from  iptables -L .

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             255.255.255.255    udp dpt:bootpc
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg
10/hour burst 5 state INVALID,NEW LOG level warning prefix `firewall '
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state
INVALID,NEW

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
TCPMSS     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:SYN,RST/SYN TCPMSS clamp to PMTU
ACCEPT     all  --  10.0.1.0/24          anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             10.0.1.0/24        state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)